Architect: Custom Residential Design
Board & Vellum is looking for an awesome person to work with us as a project architect and manager for custom residential projects. You’ll be working on all aspects of the project including marketing, project acquisition, design, project documentation, and project management. Design and documentation experience in residential projects in Seattle is a must.
Your personality and attitude will be more important than your skill set; however, please aim to have the following qualifications:
- Approximately 7-10 years of experience.
- Experience with Built Green or Passive House gets bonus points.
- Ability to fully run multiple custom residential projects, and mentor and work with team members.
- Professional license desired. (If you’re nearing completion please apply.)
- We work with a variety of smaller-to-medium-sized projects, so be comfortable with projects of that scale.
- Familiarity with Seattle codes and permitting is key.
- Desire to work on retail, commercial, and multi-family projects on occasion.
- Excellent grasp of assembling contract documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Business development experience and client care skills.
- Desire to be involved in every phase of office projects.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Be self–sufficient, and able to handle multiple projects and tasks.
We value flexible working hours, treating each other with respect, having fun, maintaining a work/life balance, bad jokes, and speaking in a language our clients can understand. We offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid professional memberships; 401k matching; paid time to volunteer in your community; four weeks’ vacation, holiday and discretionary time; free ORCA pass; wellness reimbursement; and a bunch of damn great people to work with. Board & Vellum is a non-smoking environment. Our office is on Capitol Hill, within walking distance to all the fun stuff you want to do. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Compensation will be commensurate with professional work experience.
To be considered for a position, please send a résumé and cover letter (we really read them), along with examples of your work to: [email protected].
Please, no phone calls regarding this position.