Architect: Multifamily Project Architect
Board & Vellum is looking for an awesome person to work with us as a Project Architect on our multifamily projects. You may be asked to step in to support our residential and commercial work as well. You’ll be working on all aspects of design, including project acquisition, project documentation, and project management.
Your personality and attitude will be more important than your skill set; however, please aim to have the following qualifications:
- Approximately 5-7+ years of experience.
- Ability to help run and support multifamily projects ranging from 50-200 units.
- Familiarity with International Building Code and permitting processes is key.
- Experience in, and desire to, continue working on construction administration.
- Ability to support multiple projects of varying size.
- Desire to work on retail, commercial, and residential projects on occasion.
- Excellent client care skills.
- Excellent grasp of assembling contract documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Business development experience and continued interest in developing relationships with quality multifamily clients.
- Desire to be involved in every phase of projects from project management to construction administration.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Be self–sufficient, and able to handle multiple projects and tasks.
We value flexible working hours, treating each other with respect, having fun, maintaining a work/life balance, bad jokes, and speaking in a language our clients can understand. We offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid professional memberships; 401k matching; paid time to volunteer in your community; four weeks’ vacation, holiday and discretionary time; free ORCA pass; wellness reimbursement; and a bunch of damn great people to work with (albeit virtually at the moment). Board & Vellum is a non-smoking environment. Our office is on Capitol Hill, within walking distance to all the fun stuff you want to do, but initially, you will be working from home. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Compensation will be commensurate with professional work experience.
To be considered for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter (we really read them), along with samples of your work to: [email protected].
Please, no phone calls regarding this position.