Emerging Professional: Residential Architecture
Board & Vellum is looking for an awesome person to work with us on our custom residential projects. Your personality and attitude will be more important than your skill set. Still, skills are obviously how we do our jobs, so please aim to have the following qualifications:
- Have a B.Arch or M.Arch degree.
- Minimal to 3 years of experience is desired. Ideally you've had at least an internship before and worked in a professional office.
- We work with a variety of smaller-to-medium-sized projects, so be comfortable with projects of that scale.
- Desire to work on all aspects of custom residential projects.
- Ability to understand redlines and draft them.
- Good grasp of assembling contract documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to be involved in every phase of office projects.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Be self–sufficient, and able to handle multiple projects and tasks.
We value flexible working hours, treating each other with respect, having fun, maintaining a work/life balance, bad jokes, and speaking in a language our clients can understand. We offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid professional memberships; 401k matching; paid time to volunteer in your community; four weeks’ vacation, holiday and discretionary time; free ORCA pass; wellness reimbursement; and a bunch of damn great people to work with. Board & Vellum is a non-smoking environment. Our office is on Capitol Hill, within walking distance to all the fun stuff you want to do. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Compensation will be commensurate with professional work experience.
To be considered for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter (we really read them), along with samples of your work to: [email protected].
Please, no phone calls regarding this position.