Interior Architect: Commercial Interiors
Board & Vellum is looking for an awesome person to work with us as an interior architect on our commercial projects. You may be asked to step in to support our residential work as well. You’ll be working on all aspects of design, project acquisition, project documentation, and project management.
Your personality and attitude will be more important than your skill set; however, please aim to have the following qualifications:
- Approximately 5 years of experience.
- Ability to help run and support commercial projects from coffee shops to multifamily interiors.
- Familiarity with International Building Code and permitting processes is key.
- Experience in, and desire to, continue working on construction administration.
- Ability to support multiple projects of varying size.
- Desire to work on multifamily, commercial, and residential projects on occasion.
- Excellent client care skills.
- Excellent grasp of assembling contract documents and strong design skills from concept through detailing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Business development experience and continued interest in developing relationships with quality commercial clients.
- Desire to be involved in every phase of projects, from project management to construction administration.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Be self–sufficient, and able to handle multiple projects and tasks.
We value flexible working hours, treating each other with respect, having fun, maintaining a work/life balance, bad jokes, and speaking in a language our clients can understand. We offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid professional memberships; 401k matching; paid time to volunteer in your community; four weeks’ vacation, holiday and discretionary time; free ORCA pass; wellness reimbursement; and a bunch of damn great people to work with. Board & Vellum is a non-smoking environment. Our office is on Capitol Hill, within walking distance to all the fun stuff you want to do. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Compensation will be commensurate with professional work experience.
To be considered for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter (we really read them), along with samples of your work to: [email protected].
Please, no phone calls regarding this position.