Landscape Designer / Landscape Architect
Board & Vellum is looking for an awesome designer to join our Landscape / Site Design Team. You’ll work on a variety of residential, retail, commercial, parks, and multifamily projects.
Your personality and attitude will be more important than your skill set; however, the following qualifications are important to us:
- Bachelor or Master of Landscape Architecture, and 5-7 years of working experience.
- Desire to work on custom residential, retail, commercial, parks, and multifamily projects.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Land FX, and Adobe Creative Suite (in particular, InDesign and Photoshop).
- Knowledge of plant types along with a passion for the profession.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment, and a desire to grow into a self-sufficient role, handling every aspect of a project.
- Bonus points if you:
- Enjoy and are proficient in hand-drawing / sketching.
- Are active in the local community and have a passion for community engagement.
We value flexible working hours, treating each other with respect, having fun, maintaining a work/life balance, bad jokes, and speaking in a language our clients can understand. We offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid professional memberships; 401k matching; paid time to volunteer in your community; four weeks of vacation; holiday and discretionary time; free ORCA pass; wellness reimbursement; and a bunch of damn great people to work with (albeit virtually at the moment). Board & Vellum is a dog-friendly office, and a non-smoking environment. Our office is on Capitol Hill, within walking distance to all the fun stuff you want to do, but initially, you will be working from home. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Compensation will be commensurate with professional work experience.
To be considered for a position, please send a résumé and cover letter (we really read them), along with examples of your work to: [email protected].
Please, no phone calls regarding this position.