Board & Vellum is looking for an awesome person to run our day to day operations as Office Manager. You’ll act as the face of the office for valued clients and visitors, but also running the office behind the scenes supporting our leadership and staff alike.. We’ll need you to juggle a variety of responsibilities for a dynamic staff of 34 while remaining calm, cool, collected, and always friendly. We know how important this position is to the success of the firm, and we’re looking for someone eager to contribute their diverse talents to ensure our office runs as smoothly as possible. We’re looking for someone to own the position, taking on each task with enthusiasm and creativity. We want you to grow with us, fostering your talent in a way that benefits you and the rest of the firm.
Your personality and attitude will be more important than your skill set; however, please aim to have the following qualifications:
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience working in a professional office in any industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with intermediate skills in Excel. Ability to learn new software quickly and familiarity with web-based programs (such as Airtable, Slack, Nuclino, and 10,000 Feet) is a plus.
- Serve as the front desk liaison: greet visitors, direct traffic, and solve problems.
- Attend to office tidiness: make sure the conference rooms are stocked and supply rooms are in order.
- Maintain inventory for all supplies including office supplies, kitchen and bath supplies, as well as event needs.
- Coordinate, plan and assist with the execution of company events including weekly design crits, monthly artwalk events and birthday celebrations, our annual holiday party, and company retreat.
- Work as an integral part of Team Hustle assisting where necessary with various accounting, data-entry, marketing, and HR projects.
- Assist the Principal and Directors with daily tasks related to calendaring, communication, and organization.
- Organize large amounts of data within our systems to produce accurate reporting and company metrics.
- Be self-sufficient, and able to balance the needs of staff members and guests in a bustling office.
- Excellent client care skills and experience going the extra mile to make clients happy.
- Keen attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the confidence to speak your mind.
We value flexible working hours, treating each other with respect, having fun, maintaining a work/life balance, bad jokes, and speaking in a language our clients can understand. We offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid professional memberships; 401k matching; paid time to volunteer in your community; four weeks’ vacation, holiday and discretionary time; free ORCA pass; wellness reimbursement; and a bunch of damn great people to work with. Board & Vellum is a non-smoking environment. Our office is on Capitol Hill, within walking distance to all the fun stuff you want to do. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Compensation will be commensurate with professional work experience.
To be considered for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter (we really read them), along with samples of your work to: [email protected].
Please, no phone calls regarding this position.